Corrupted [16+] CHAP 20 NOW UP! More readers?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Corrupted [16+] CHAP 20 NOW UP! More readers?

Post by Daugie Poynter on Wed May 30, 2012 1:35 pm

BUMPTY BUMP BUMP!

Not Alone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx on Thu May 31, 2012 8:30 am

Hahaha I loved Heidi's last comment :')

Danny is such a sweetheart! A cheeky sweetheart, but he's adorable!
I want a Danny of my own! <3

Can't wait for more Very Happy
ChloeRussellx
Going Through The Motions

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/chloerussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:38 am

Chapter 6
‘Mom, I’m home!’ I shouted but frowned when I didn’t get the usual chirpy reply, instead all I heard was a dead silence.
‘Mom?’ I called out, still no reply.
‘Chrissie?’ I tried again for my sister, she didn’t reply.

Sighing to myself I walked out of the hall way, through the living room and into the kitchen. I stopped dead when my ears caught a sound. It was only a small sound but it concerned me down to my core. The sniffing sound came from outside. Tip-toeing through the dining room I stood by the glass doors and looked out to my mother.

Curled up on the decking she was pouring with tears. Sobs were ripping from her chest as she hugged her knees to her ribs. I had no idea on what to do. I stood with my mouth slowly dropping towards the floor. As another sob roared from her body, more tears streamed down her face making it clear she was in some sort of pain. Without a second thought I opened the door and ran out straight to her side, sitting next to her and wrapping my arms around her. She was shaking so much it made the blood in my face drain, I could feel my stomach tightening.

‘Mom.’ I whispered as she continued to sob hysterically. ‘What’s wrong?’
She didn’t reply. Swallowing the hard lump in my throat I tightened my grip around her to comfort her.
‘Mom, what’s happened?’ I spoke a little louder but my voice cracked. I felt a little bit of fear peak up inside of me. What could be so bad?

Breathing deeply, my mother slowly reduced her sobs to tiny hiccups. For the first time since dad died, she looked into my eyes with such pain she caught my breath. She blinked hard and a another set of tears rolled silently down her cheeks. Still hiccupping she grabbed one of my hands and looked deep into my eyes and smiled slightly.
‘Don’t worry, love.’ She smiled.
‘Mom, you’re crying. Of course I’m going to worry.’ I stated.
‘It’ll all be okay. I-I’m overreacting.’ She smiled a little more as she used her other hand to stroke another piece of hair out of my face and behind my ear.

Leaning forward, she kissed my forehead gently before releasing my hand and standing to her feet. Exhaling deeply, she turned and walked back in the house leaving myself sitting on the wooden floor, clueless.

It took me two hours to over come my thinking and actually stand up from the decking and turn around. Staring at the door, my eyes soon zoomed through the glass and into the living room where my mother sat. She watched the tv screen, but not with interest. It was as if the screen wasn’t there, she was far gone in her thoughts.

Stepping forward I grasped a firm hold on the door and opened it. With the clicking noise of the lock on the door, my mother snapped out of her long distance thoughts and shifted herself awkwardly on the sofa.

‘What do you want for dinner darling?’ She smiled widely and lifted herself from the sofa. She grinned at me like the scene a couple of hours ago didn’t happen.
‘Um… I-I’m not hungry.’ I scratched my head and stared at the floor. ‘I’m quite tired actually. I might go have a nap.’

Awkwardly I moved through the living room and into the hall way, stopping at the bottom of the stairs. Listening carefully I heard my mother muttering to herself.

‘What am I meant to do? Oh god, how will they cope?’ Were the only words I could make out from her whispers. Frowning to myself I slowly walked up the stairs, thinking about everything on each step. When she says ‘they’ who is she implying? Chrissie and I?

I felt a horrible knot tighten in my stomach. What the hell was going on?
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

View user profile http://let-the-flamesbegin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daugie Poynter on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:18 am

oh my gosh!!!

what is wrong with the mother!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaah!! DX

i'm going insane! i must know!!!

aaaaah poor chrissie i'll come over and cheer both u and the mother up!! invite dougie over he'll make everyone smile XD

sorry just had coffee with a lot of sugar!!!

Not Alone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:47 am

Thankyou for reading still! I'm afraid I'm losing my readers Sad

|Keep Calm and Play Louder tour 2012|

|Spoke to McFly on the phone and Tom tweeted about me 10/08/10|
|Met McFly 11/08/10|
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by Daugie Poynter on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:01 am

No prob!
I really enjoy reading this story!
And I believe ppl r just busy its ok they'll come back! Smile
But we do need more users, we need to promote the site more.
We have tumblr and Twitter for the site but we need more ideas.
I'm thinking fanfic Vids on YouTube like a preview to the story

Not Alone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:47 am

I think many people will arrive back on the site during summer holidays. Because people are still doing exams and school work and stuff. So hopefully we'll get some more people on the website soon Very Happy

More on this story later! I'm currently working on a new story!

|Met McFly 11/08/10|
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 am

Ohh what's wrong with her mum? Sad
More please!
xxx

fictiontwitterfacebooktumblr
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:21 am

Ahh didn't notice there was updates! Why? Is my "topic watch" not working?

Anyway, I've caught up and , no, you definetely didn't loose me as a reader cause this story is going better and better Very Happy

Thanks for all this and sorry for my lack of activity!xXx

HannaWestwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 pm

thanks guys! :B More noww!!!!

Chapter 7

‘Girls, I’m off to work! Get up, you don’t want to be late for school!’ My mom called from the landing. Chrissie and I both grunted in response and both knew that it would be another half an hour before we actually moved from beneath our quilts.

Throwing my bag on my shoulder I sighed and opened the door at Heidi’s continuous knocking.
‘Hello, Heid.’ I said, no tone in my voice.
‘Hey, done your science homework?’ She asked.
I froze after shutting the door behind me. I’d been so caught up in my thoughts about my mother’s words, I hadn’t even thought about homework.
‘shit shit shit shit shit.’ I repeated before running my fingers through my hair.
‘Shit weekend?’ Heidi walked beside me.
Sighing deeply I looked at her. She could read me like a children’s book.

‘You know I told you about my mom crying?’
‘I do recall that, yes…’
‘Well, I found her crying yesterday on the decking out back, she looked torn.’ I bit my lip before explaining the other events, I felt like crying.

‘Oh.’ Was all she could say.
‘I know. I don’t know what to do.’ Sighing once more, we entered the school gates.

‘Rach, can I speak to you?’ Danny’s husky voice made me jump a little.
‘Uh… yeah, sure.’ I frowned.
Pulling my away from where me and my friends sat, we stood in the middle of the school field just staring at one another.
‘Dan, what is it?’ I pushed him to say his thoughts.
‘S-something...’ His voice broke, swallowing loudly he continued. ‘Something is wrong with my… m-my mom.’ He stuttered.
‘W-what?’ I stepped closer to him once I witnessed the moisture covering is eyes.
‘She said there isn’t anything wrong, b-but I found these paper things in-in her room… a-and w-well…’ He gulped and blinked hard releasing his tears, but catching them before they had chance to escape down his freckly cheeks.

‘Daniel, I’m here.’ I rested my one hand on his cheek, pushing his dark hair back a little.
His blue eyes flickered up to mine, I felt my heart crack a little. Seeing the hurt in his eyes was destroying me by the second.

‘She has a brain tumour.’ His voice was barely a whisper as he choked on the words.

I felt my knees weaken, my hand fell to his shoulder as I tried to support myself. Instantly reacting Danny’s arm wrapped around my waist holding me steady.
For the first time since my father died, I couldn’t speak. I felt nothing but numbness. I didn’t realise that I was crying until Danny wiped away my tears.

Barely standing, I hugged into his body tightly and he held me just as strong.
‘I don’t know what to do. How will Vicky and I cope?’
As he asked about him and his sister, the shock struck through me. That’s who my mother was aiming her words at. Not me and Chrissie! This was obviously what my mother was crying about. This will destroy her. Meredith was her wall when Dad died. Why does this have to happen?
‘Can’t they do anything?’ My voice was muffled as I spoke into his chest.
‘No, I read the letter.’ Danny answered in a monotonous tone.
‘I’m so sorry.’ I whispered, looking up at his pale face.

‘Do you reckon they’ve broke up?’ Heidi chewed on her chips.
‘Broke up? Since when were they together?’ Harry, another one of Danny’s friends, said around a mouthful of his burger.
‘They aren’t official, but it’s obvious they have something going on.’ Tom smiled slightly.
‘A bit like you and Heid?’ Harry smirked before a chip flew into his eye. ‘Ouch!’
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:08 am

Awwww saaaaad news Sad

Let's hope Danny will be less worried thanks to Rachel! Smile

xXx

HannaWestwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daugie Poynter on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:37 am

OHS NOS!!!!

poor danny!!!!

and vicky!!!

and Rach's mother!!! oh my gosh I feel so sorry for her! She's just losing everyone. Good thing she has her kids, but still!!!

i need more asap!!!! XD

Not Alone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:06 am

Chapter 8

‘It was like baby baby baby oohh!’ Heidi strode next to me singing and opened her locker. ‘Don’t you just love Bieber?’
Her sarcasm made me smile slightly whilst I opened my locker.
‘Did someone say Bieber? As in, Justin Bieber?’ A small voice nudged between me and my best friend, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

‘Hi Jasmine.’ Heidi gritted her teeth at the grinning tweenager.
‘Hey, Heidi! I heard you singing Justin Bieber, do you like him? I do, he’s just so hot and gorgeous and – ‘ Jasmine stepped back as if she just walked into a wall when Heidi raised her hand infront of her face. Her bracelets and bangles jingled on her wrist.

‘No, my dear.’ She shook her head, her brown hair shaking across her back and chest. ‘Aaron Johnson is what you call hot and gorgeous, not Justine Bea-‘
‘Even though Aaron Johnson has a kid with a 40 year old?’ Jasmine interrupted Heidi.
‘43 year old,’ I quietly corrected Jasmine whilst snickering at Heid’s face ‘and touché.’
Still grinding her teeth together at the familiar, annoying girl who had just joined the school and was in her first year, she tried to smile but failed incredibly.

‘Oh, hey is that a Justin Bieber poster that someone’s got down there?’ I looked down the corridor at the imaginary person and soon enough Jasmine was no longer between me and Heidi.
‘I really, really hate that girl.’ She shook her head.
‘You kind of brought it upon yourself singing a’ looking around, I sarcastically whispered ‘Bieber song.’

‘Not my fault that stupid whiney tweens wanna hump someone who is clearly just a flat chested girl with a dress sense of a boy.’ Heidi slammed her locker shut and shoved her books into her bag.

Still laughing from her remark five minutes after, I eventually pulled myself together as we exited through the school gates.
‘I hope your aunt… well, Danny’s mom gets better. I know it’s a low chance, but there’s still a chance there, right?’
Glancing at her, she smiled slightly and I tried to force a smile back. ‘Slight possibility.’ I nodded.

‘Baby!’ A shiver fingered down my spine as his voice hit my ear drums sharply.
Instead of replying I nudged Heidi to continue walking, she knew just by my stare that I was telling her not to respond to the idiot.
‘Don’t ignore me, honey.’ He said again, unbelievably closer than I though he was. ‘I said, don’t ignore me.’
With anger in his voice he grabbed my wrist and spun me around.
‘Matt, let go of her!’ Heidi threatened, moving forward and pointing her index finger in his face, even though we both knew neither of us would fight him off.

‘What was wrong with you today at lunch?’ He asked, his eyes softening as he held his arms either side of me as I back against the wall.
‘N-nothing.’ I lied, as if I wanted to tell him.
‘Don’t lie. Why was that prick holding you? Is he your boyfriend now?’ He interrogated me.
‘What’s it to you?’ Heidi sneered, wrapping her hands around one of his arms and attempting to pull him away.
‘Can I go? I, um, I gotta get home.’ I coughed after smelling his vodka tinted breath.
‘Is Danny your boyfriend?’ He raised his voice, narrowing the gap between us.
‘Get off me!’ I avoided his question.
‘He better not be your boyfriend.’ His face was now inches from mine, I felt Goosebumps rise on my arms as the hairs on the back of my neck stood to a point. I knew the strength Matt had and I knew what he was capable of. But instead of being my usual shy, weak self, I gulped down the lump in my throat and stood up straight.
‘Why!’ I shouted back. ‘We’re not together any-‘
‘Don’t talk back to me!’ He shouted, some of his saliva landing on my face. ‘You dirty slut.’

In front of everybody, the audience that he’d gathered, he grasped his hand around my bum, sliding his hand down my thigh before lifting it to his hip. Helplessly I pushed as hard as possible on his chest, screaming loudly, but he wasn’t budging.

‘Get off me!’ I raised my voice but he continued to touch me inappropriately and shove me against the wall.
‘Danny!’ I heard Heidi squeal over the population watching.
‘Get the fuck off her you dirty piece of scum.’ Danny’s familiar husky voice sent a hug around my heart as he pushed his way through the crowd.

Matt turned his head towards Danny. He smirked before grinning; showing his perfectly straight, white teeth… A larger contrast to his fake-tanned skin. What did I ever see in him?
Stopping Danny from walking any further was a blonde. She was about the same height as Danny, her green eyes glanced around at me and smirked in the same manner of Matt.

With a smirk still playing on her lips she wrapped one arm around Danny’s neck and played with his light brown hair.
‘Katy, get off me.’ Danny spoke loudly but the girl didn’t even flinch, she stood perfectly still and smirked before leaning closer towards Danny.

‘I think you need to back off, mate.’ Matt stood strongly against my struggles. ‘Rachel is mine.’
Katy’s head whipped around, a sour jealous look planted on her facial features as she glared at me.
‘I am not your mate.’ Danny’s teeth gritted together as he stepped closer, pushing Katy off him.
‘With every step, my hand goes further up her skirt.’ Matt grinned wider. Widening my eyes I pushed harder against his chest.
Stupidly, being Danny he walked closer causing Matt’s hand to wonder up my skirt. Tensing my body, his hand moved further towards a place I really didn’t feel comfortable with him going.

With another blink of my eyes, Matt was on the floor. It happened all too quick for me to analyse how Danny had leaped from so far away to tackle Matthew to the ground.
Katy let out a little squeal before running out of the crowd, away from the mess she was part of.
Pulling my skirt down, Ashleigh rushed over to me and enveloped me in a hug whilst we watched Danny beat Matt to a pulp.

‘You’re stupid, you know that?’ I smiled slightly as I dabbed the cuts on Danny’s knuckles with a damp cloth.
‘Protecting you is not stupid.’ He stated.
My eyes flickered up to find his blue eyes, the gorgeous pool of oceans, staring at me. Sighing I stopped the dabbing and just rested my head on his shoulder.

Sitting on the edge of his bath, I decided to break the silence with a question that had played on my mind ever since Matt asked me.
‘Danny…’
‘Yeah?’
‘Are we…um…’ I scratched my head and sat up straight. ‘Are we, like, um…’
‘A thing?’ He chuckled.
‘Well, I was thinking more than that…’ I glanced up at him, he continued to smile.
‘I was hoping you’d say that.’ He looked down and removed the damp flannel from my hands and placed it on the edge of the sink.
Turning back around he placed his injured hand on my face and smiled as he pushed away the hair that was covering my one eye.

‘I guess I should formally ask you.’ He grinned his gorgeous smile.
‘If you must.’ I bit my lip, trying not to smile too much.
Wait. Should I. What the hell? Within a few days I’ve become absolutely smitten by this boy who I have hated since I was a child. He used to throw sand in my eyes in the sand-pit, push me off the swings, he even put a worm in my sandwich before. He’d always tease me for boyfriends and embarrass me in front of frie-
A then it hit me.
When he through sand in my eyes, he took me to the kitchen and helped wash it out. He helped my mother bathe my knees when he pushed me from the swings and he bought me an ice-cream to compensate for the worm sandwich. And when he teased me about boyfriends, he just wanted to make them seem like a minor compared to him. He wanted the attention.
‘Rachel?’ He questioned.
‘W-what?’ I snapped out of my thoughts and looked into his ocean-blue eyes.
‘If you don’t want to, I’m fi-‘
‘No. Ask me.’ I blurted.
He smiled, stroking my cheek bone with his thumb. ‘Will you be my girlfriend?’
Without any words I leant forward and kissed him gently, trying to avoid the cut that Matt had given him, but as he kissed me back passionately I seemed to forget about what had just happened outside of school. What was happening right now is what mattered to me the most.

if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by Daugie Poynter on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Aw such a caring Danny!

And he always cared for her!! so sweet!

Now Matt....*pushes sleeves up arms* let me at 'em! Imma beat him till his ribs are cracked, teeth are knocked out and his eyes are swollen shut that dirty prick! I just wanna take a baseball bat to the side of his head!! urgghhhhh

more please!!! XD

Not Alone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:12 am

Chapter 9
Trudging into my house, it had to be around 10pm, I called out to say that I was home.
‘We’re in the living room, darling.’ It wasn’t my mother who called out, but Meredith. A tear sprung to my one eye as my heart dropped to my stomach. She sounded so happy and chirpy.

Straightening myself out I breathed in heavily through my nose and lifted my lips at the corners as a temporary smile.
‘Hey!’ I rushed into the living room and I was suddenly in Meredith’s arms. I knew it seemed desperate of me and I didn't want to seem strange, but I couldn't help myself. Her sweet scented perfume filled my nostrils making me smile for real.

‘Oh, it’s nice to see you too.’ She smiled before pushing me away at arms length, a grin plastering on her face.
Seeing her grin it almost made me a little guilty that Danny wasn’t having more time witnessing her happiness, instead I was.
‘I have something for you!’ She spun around and picked up a large rectangular box from the sofa and handed it too me.

Frowning in confusion, I took the box politely and sat down on the other cream sofa and lay the box in front of me on the other cushion.
Meredith knelt down beside me, still grinning widely, my mother then rushed in.
‘I hope you weren’t going to do this without me.’ She chuckled slightly and knelt down beside Meredith.

Completely baffled by their behaviour I turned to the box. Stroking my hands over the light purple cardboard I curved my fingers around the rim lifting it slowly. Holding my breath, I knew it was going to be something good, Meredith always knew the right thing to buy me.

Pushing the top of the box up and over, my eyes scanned through the thin paper that was covering my ‘present’. Instead of teasing myself and my mother I decided to remove the thin paper and reveal the gift.

Catching sight of the gorgeous fabric, my breath was caught in my throat.
Grabbing it by the top I lifted it slowly out of the box, my lungs slowly starving from oxygen, I stood up. My heart froze still inside of my chest, my eyes glazed over with tears as they traced over the midnight blue silk.

‘I thought you could wear it to prom.’ Meredith’s voice was quiet.
I found myself trying to speak but instead my words stumbled out of my mouth in a huge jumble.

‘It’s beautiful.’ I smiled.
‘Go try it on.’ My mother insisted.

Tracing down the ripples of the chest area, my fingers slid across the silk gently. Around the rib-cage area was a piece of the same coloured fabric wrapping around to meet at the back. Connecting the fabric was a square cut diamond.

Blinking away my tears I continued to take in the beauty of the rest of the dress. It flowed nicely down to the floor; it reminded me of the same beauty of a river on a summer’s day.

‘I told you she’d like it.’ Meredith smiled, standing in the doorway of my bedroom.
‘Meredith, I cannot express how gorgeous this dress is… How much was it?’ My mother questioned. She was always worried about the price and not beauty.
‘Price doesn’t matter. Rachel would look a million pounds in a bin bag.’ Meredith moved forward towards me, my mother following the move, she placed one hand on my cheek and smiled kindly. ‘I love you, Rachel. Don’t you forget that.’

Meredith would never say that unless I’m upset or I’m going to be distressed about something. I knew exactly why she was saying that, she knows she might not have another chance. Tomorrow she could be in hospital fighting for her life. She may not be able to speak or even see me. She could- She could be gone tomorrow.

Before I could return the gesture her and my mother were already saying goodbye to each other downstairs. Looking at the clock I realised I had been completely silent, staring into space for about ten minutes straight.

Spinning around I stared into the mirror, and that was when I realised I was crying.
Removing the dress from my body, I folded it back into it’s box and pushed it under my bed safely.

Sniffing, I wiped away my tears and changed into my pyjamas.
‘Stop it, Rachel. You have to be strong.’ I whispered myself. ‘Danny was there for your when dad died. You need to be strong for him now.’

‘Darling.’ My mother made my skin grow goose bumps, my heart stopped and my body jumped, throwing me around to face her. ‘Oh my! What’s wrong!’

Removing the tears on my face I coughed and answered ‘Nothing.’ Before climbing into bed. 'Hayfever.'
‘Rach, are you and Danny.. um…’
My eyes moved and I saw her leaning forward slightly. She was eager to ask me.

‘We’re together mom.’ I said bluntly.
‘Oh… okay.’ She nodded. ‘But I thought you two hated each-‘
‘And you always wanted us to get along. So, no problem, right?’
‘No. Not at all.’ She smiled and then her face softened into sympathy. ‘But… why were you crying?’

Opening my mouth I went to tell her that I know. But just thinking about it made my face crumple with my heart and my hand smacked over my mouth as the sobs ripped from my chest.
My mother rushed over, lifting the cover off me straight away and climbed in next to me. Instead of asking me what was wrong she just held me, she knew I hated trying to explain when I’m sobbing.
Her warm arms wrapped around my body and she held me tightly as my tears poured and the sobs roared from deep inside.

She rocked me back and forth and hushed me as if I was a baby again, making me feel a little more vulnerable. It was as if I was no longer a teenager and I didn’t have any problems and her cuddle will make it all go away again. If only it will ever be that simple now.
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:41 am

Buuh my last comment didn't work O_O

Anyway, these two chapters were cool and Danny and Rachel were sooo cute together!

Stupid awful Matt! Danny's going to kick your ass if you don't go away! ><

I love Heidi ♥️ hehe ^^

Thanks for this! Let's hope Meredith will be fine! Smile

HannaWestwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:47 am

Ooopsie I've missed three chapters!
I'll do some writing of my own for a bit while I'm able to concentrate then I'll read the chapters after, or tomorrow! ;D

ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:17 am

Chapter 10
I was really dreading today. I didn’t know how the whole thing between Danny and Matt was going to play out but I refuse to let them fight. I know the strength of Matt when he’s caught off guard. I don’t want Danny to die, he’s got enough on his plate and dying wouldn’t help him.

Snapping me from my mind-babble, Heidi sat down next to me.
‘I. Hate. Science.’ She slammed her bag down on the table and rummaged around for a pen. Suddenly her head perked up and she faced me. ‘How are you after yesterday?’
‘I-I’m doing okay.’ I nodded.
‘Did you tell your mom?’
I bit my lip in response.
‘You need to tell her that you know. It could become easier for her and you.’ She leaned on the table.
‘I know, but I didn’t have the heart to tell her. She knows about Danny though.’
In a burst of giggles Heidi asked ‘Did she think it was weird?’
In a reply I simply glared at her causing her giggles to slow down.
‘Ok, it’s not weird. You’re not cousins.’
‘No. We’re not.’ I repeated.

‘Yes, we went all the way if you know what I mean.’ Katy giggled and sat infront of me, making obvious eye contact with me. Pleased that I did hear what she said she continued to talk to her brunette friend. I was rather surprised when I recognised who she was. Stephanie. She had time off school for a while but no one knew why.

Her hair was nicely groomed and she had quite a lot of make up covering her natural skin. Everybody knew Stephanie as the rocker girl of our year, no one expected her to come back and be blondie’s side-kick.

‘I lead him upstairs because I had to clean up his wounds, I bandaged him up and one thing lead to another.’ She smirked before flicking her hair so it hit me in the face.

I suddenly had an image of me grabbing her blonde locks and pulling her backwards so her head hit off the table. But instead of actually trying this action I just kept the funny image to myself.
‘What are you laughing at?’ Katy hissed.
‘Nothing.’ I answered simply.
‘Steph, have you got a pen I could borrow?’ She smiled and turned towards the girl.
Stephanie simply nodded, she never made eye contact with Katy and never particularly spoke in complete sentences.
‘You mean take and never give back?’ Heidi spoke up.
‘No. I would never do that. I don’t come from a background like yours.’ She smugly smiled and turned around, grabbing the pen from Stephanie’s hands.

From the corner of my eye I saw Heidi’s rings tighten around her fingers as her fists clench.
‘She’s not worth it.’ I whispered trying to calm her down.
‘She made a dig about my family, Rach.’ Heidi grinded her teeth together. She was right. Katy deserved a smash in the face.

Everybody knew about Heidi’s dad but everyone also knew it was a touch-y subject. Her dad, before being thrown into jail late last year, started off as a criminal. He would steal from shops, houses and people. Her mother knew nothing about it until he confessed to taking the burgling too far: her mother turned him in when she found out he murdered someone.

Her mother didn’t want to, and Heidi was pretty distraught by it all but everyone knew it was for their own safety.

‘Hey, babe.’ Matt leant on my table, his face was inches from mine.
Grinning like a Cheshire cat, Katy turned around and replied ‘Hey Honey.’
As soon as she saw that the direction of his eyes wasn’t on her, she huffed a huge breath from her plump limps.
‘Go away, Matt.’ I sighed.
‘Where did you go last night?’
‘Go away.’ I repeated.

‘Do what the lady says, mate.’ Danny came up behind him grinning and nudged him in the arm a little.
‘Don’t call me mate.’ Matt practically spat.
‘But I thought we were friends.’ Danny chuckled sarcastically.

Without another glare, Matt forced his hands to Danny’s shoulders but funnily Danny hardly moved.
‘Matt. Stop trying to be the hard rugby player, you’re just making yourself look like a cock.’ Tom pushed in between them, facing Matt.

With a huff as feminine as Katy’s, Matt turned around and sat at the back of the class.
Looking back to Danny, he smiled a cocky grin before winking. Feeling my cheeks burn a little I smiled back.

‘That was nice of Tom, don’t you think?’ Heidi blurted out in the middle of our silence.
‘Um… what?’ I raised one brow, curious to what she was referring to.
‘In science today, when he stuck up for Danny. It was nice.’
‘Oh. My. God.’ Hannah came and sat next to us chuckling. ‘I heard that.’
‘And?’ I frowned.
‘Is it not obvious?’ She smiled, setting her food out infront of us on the table.
‘No… I don’t-‘ Then I clicked as to what she was referring to. ‘Heidi likes Tom. I thought that was a given!’
‘No!’ She immediately denied it.
‘Oh come on.’ Hannah rolled her eyes whilst adjusting her long dark hair off her chest so it swung lightly on her back. She then smirked and mimicked Heidi’s voice ‘that was nice of Tom, don’t you think?’

Not being able to control myself, bubbles of laughter burst in my chest.
‘I don’t sound like that.’ She said around a mouthful of pasta.
‘But you do like Tom.’ My smile turned into a smirk. ‘You like my cousin.’
‘No.’ Heidi shook her head but I could see the slight smile playing on her lips.
‘That’s sooo cute!’ I cooed.
‘Oh my god! I don’t like him!’ Heidi swung her fork around.

‘Like who?’ Ironically, Tom appeared behind her along with Danny.
Ripping my eyes away from Danny’s, I looked at Heidi’s and again couldn’t control my laughter when I witnessed her bright red cheeks.

‘What’s so funny?’ Tom sat down smiling at me.
‘Yeah, Rachel… What’s so funny?’ Hannah pursed her lips together attempting to hide the smile, as she questioned me with her blue eyes, causing me to laugh even more.

‘Sometimes I question your sanity.’ Tom raised one brow. Heidi dropped her fork and couldn’t make her gawping any more obvious. She was just as freaked as I was. Heidi always uses that saying on me, but never have they said it in front of each other.

‘My sanity is perfect thankyou.’ I coughed snapping Heid out of her coma.
‘God, I’m so tired.’ Danny sat down next to me and slammed his head down on the table before muttering ‘and now I have a headache.’

Smiling slightly I combed my fingers through his brown hair. ‘I preferred your hair when it was curly.’
‘So did I ...’ He brushed his hand backwards and forward through his hair.
‘You looked really cute.’ I blurted. ‘Not that you don’t now. You just looked cuter then, but you look hot now…' I felt my cheeks burn. 'I’ll just shut up.’

Chuckling his husky laugh, Danny turned and faced me, wrapped one arm around my waist and kissing me on my forehead.

‘May we join you?’ A posh voice escaped the mouth of a tall handsome boy we all knew as Harry.
‘Of… course.’ Hannah smiled clearly smitten by his looks. She was always the one to fall for the good lookers. Shifting her bag from the space next to her on the picnic bench, she gestured for the guy to sit down.
A small blonde trotted over with a sandwich in his mouth and texting from his blackberry.

‘Guys, my mom and dad are going out this weekend. Party?’ He said after removing the sandwich from his mouth.

‘Another party?’ I lowered my brow and glared as Danny turned and grinned at me. ‘No, I’m not going.’
‘Oh come on! Why not?’ He tightened his grip around me, causing my body to press against his.
‘I’m going to stay at home with my mom, she needs my company.’ I bit my lip hoping he’d understand.
I saw a flash of pain in his eyes as he suddenly realised he shouldn’t be going to parties either. His jaw tightened and he nodded.

‘Guys, I might stay at home aswell.’ He looked up at his friends and they all nodded as they all knew why.
Showing a tiny tear in his eye, my heart stopped for his pain. Freeing my hands I dropped my fork for my pasta and wrapped my arms around his body. In return he wrapped his other arm around me and kissed the top of my head. This journey will be so difficult. I need a miracle.

if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by Daugie Poynter on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:33 am

Aaaaaah missed a chap but I'm caught up now!
I really love ur writing this story is addicting!!
Whoaaaaa there I am not a sidekick who does this blonde think she is!!!
Imma beat her with my badass studded bracelet and join rachels awesome group of peeps!
Awwww poor Danny Sad
Moreeeee plzzzzz XD

Not Alone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mirandarr. on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:15 am

Okay, I took my time and read all of this.
What have I gotten out of it?
Danny is the most adorable man alive and I would let him beat someone up for me any day. o__o
And that I feel terrible for everyone. It's so sad that Meredith has a brain tumor. Poor thing.
More soon!

across the ocean, across the sea

starting to forget the way you looked at me
mirandarr.
We Are The Young
We Are The Young

View user profile http://twitter.com/moveslikestefan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:25 am

Arghh my comment didn't send!! -_-
I had a long one written out but now I don't remember what I said!!
So....

Poor Danny Sad
He and Rachel are so perfect for each other!
I wish a miracle would happen and his mum will get better Sad

Can't wait for the next chapter!

ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:57 am

Omg I have a new reader and you're a new member! Hello Miranda! Thank you for reading! :3

And don't worry, Stephanie. Just keep reading Wink

More now!

|Met McFly 11/08/10|
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:59 am

ChloeRussellx wrote:Arghh my comment didn't send!! -_-
I had a long one written out but now I don't remember what I said!!
So....

Poor Danny Sad
He and Rachel are so perfect for each other!
I wish a miracle would happen and his mum will get better Sad

Can't wait for the next chapter!

I know. When I wrote this I remember crying a fair bit, so.... yeah.
More now! :3

|Met McFly 11/08/10|
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:15 am

Chapter 11
‘Mom, I’m going to bed now, I’ve loaded the dish washer and put it all away. I’ve hoovered the living room, mopped the kitchen and tidied your study room.’ I smiled and back slowly out of her bedroom.
‘Wait, my study room?’ She asked, looking a little panicky.
‘Yeah, mom, I just stacked a few things up so you have more room.’ I frowned a little when I searched her worried expression. ‘What’s wrong?’

Maybe she’ll tell me now. I’ll have to pretend I don’t kno-
‘Nothing darling. I’m just a little tired. Go to bed now.’ She smiled. I guess she won’t tell me tonight then.

Stepping into my bedroom I instantly froze. Hearing the usual vibration of my mobile phone, my eyes frantically scanned around the room until they lay on the bright screen on my bed.

‘Hello?’ I answered, Danny’s name was the one appearing on my screen.
‘Rach, can you come down?’ Danny’s voice was raw and more than husky.
‘Is it an emergency?’ I asked, I really wanted to slee-
‘It’s my mom.’ A tiny sob broke out.

Shit.
‘I’ll be there in five.’
‘Bring your mom.’ And with that he hung up.

Taking a huge breath I turned around and rushed out of my bedroom. Still in my pyjamas I stood in the doorway and stifled the sobs as I tried to find the words to tell my mom.
‘Meredith.’ Was the only word and name that stumbled out, I was still fighting the terrible lump in my throat when she spoke.
‘Honey, what about her?’ My mom frowned and stood from her bed, laying her book down slowly on the dark purple duvet.

‘I know what’s going on, mom.’ I blurted. ‘Danny’s just phoned me telling me he needs me to go over. He didn’t tell me why but he’s crying. He said it was his mom. I think you need to be there aswell. She needs you. He needs me. They both need us.’ I found myself raising my voice.

Before I could start to sob, my mothers arms were around me and she kissed the top of my head.
‘I’ll get Chrissie.’ She turned and burst through into my sister’s bedroom and shook her from her slumber. ‘Get up. It’s Meredith.’
My sister jumped from her bed and slipped her feet into her slippers urgently.

My jaw dropped.
She knew?
‘You knew?’ I couldn’t stop myself before I’d blurted it out.
‘Yes. Mom told me not to tell you because you’re too young to handle it after dad.’ Chrissie pushed past me and followed my mother down the stairs.
Shaking my head I followed them.
‘You could’ve told me. I’d rather find out from my family than have me try and comfort Danny when all I want to do is cry aswell.’ I angrily opened the little cupboard from under the stairs and took out my slippers.

‘Shut up.’ Chrissie snapped.
‘No.’ I raised my voice.
‘Stop arguing!’ My mother screamed at the top of her lungs, silencing the pair of us.
She was right. We were being selfish.
Danny was at home sobbing his heart out and all I could care about was that no one told me.

‘She’s in here. I’ve called for an ambulance, they should be here any second.’ Danny’s voice shook with terror as we all rushed into the living room.

Shock hit me like a brick wall and my knees gave way. My heart stopped and dropped to the pit of my stomach. My eyes scanned Meredith’s body. She lay there, pale. Her eyes were shut, her arms lay limp by her side. Danny had lay her in the recovery position.
‘She has a pulse, but it’s really slow.’ He coughed.

Her gorgeous long brown hair lay on the cream carpet. As the strands swayed one way over her scalp, they showed a large bald patch just behind her ear.

I didn’t realise I was crying until Danny shoved a tissue in my face. I took it and stood to my feet and, although, still not steady, I slipped my fingers between his. Squeezing my hand tightly he turned and pulled me into his arms. I felt him tremble as he tried to keep the sobs inside.

The door burst open and a girl with bright white hair stumbled through.
'Vick-' Danny began but his sister screamed for her mother before falling beside her.
'Vicky, baby, she's unconscious. We're waiting for the ambulanc-' My mother sniffed slightly before raising a brow. 'I can smell vodka.'

Vicky's mouth opened and I could see her eyes searching for an excuse.
'Vicky, don't bother lying about where you've been.'
Paramedics soon rushed through the open front door and Vicky was lightly and slowly pushed further away from Meredith.
'Why is this happening?' She questioned before shutting her eyes, allowing tears to fall freely down her pale cheeks.

|Met McFly 11/08/10|
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:30 am

Omg I hope she's alright! Sad
Please let her live!!

More please? Now?!

ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top